Saturday, March 2, 2013

4 Days Post-Op

Wow!  It's done - I've really gone ahead and had the surgery and 85% of my stomach is gone?  What have I done?  Am I nuts?  I really did this to myself?  Those are the thoughts that have been going through my mind these last few days after getting home.  The pain has not been bad at all.  I took the hydracodone Tuesday when I got home from the hospital and have been taking Tylenol since then.  That has handled my pain.  No nausea but I do have Loratabs that I did take the first couple of days home just to keep the nausea at bay.

The first night home was the most uncomfortable - hard to get situated in bed - ended up spending most of the night in a recliner chair with my husband on the coach.  My new sleeve just didn't want to be flat.   My sweet husband got me situated in the a chair with my phone, computer, Isopure, water, etc. before he left for work on Wednesday - he also came home early.  I really was just fine by myself.  Friends & family were texting and calling to check on me.  I dosed off and on most of the day.  Drinking my little medicine cups was still a little uncomfortable - I could feel it going down - maybe a few stomach spasms.  But I did get the whole grape Isopure down that day.

Thursday I choose to put Unijury unflavored powder in Crystal Light - that went okay and I had the Unjury chicken soup also instead if the Isopure.  I had gotten a candle warmer that I plugged into an outlet by my chair and set a measuring cup with soup on it and sipped a medicine cupful at a time of it and it stayed warm.  Liquids went down better.   Also had a shower on Thursday - hubby said I looked much better (guess my hair was looking pretty bad)!  Big mistake - got on scale - was up two pounds - yes - I knew better - the IV fluids!  Darn!!!  I've been crushing my meds and eating in either a tiny bite of yogurt or applesauce - horrible - so bitter!

I slept better Thursday night so Friday I woke up feeling well.  I've been monitoring my blood pressure which had been down since I started the pre-op diet - but - whoa - not on Friday.  It went up and stayed up and I kept taking my BP medicine in half doses like my internist had told me to do if it went over 160 (top number).  Kept resting and sipping & walking the halls of my house.  Friends dropped off magazines, flowers, etc. at my front door - so nice.  Friday night I felt hungry for the first time - they better have gotten that Grehlin out of my body!

Today is Saturday and I'm down 6.4 lbs since Monday!!! So exciting to see the scale move in that downward fashion!!  Been monitoring my blood pressure - took full meds this morning and its just a little high - been journaling it and will see my internist on Monday.  I don't want to put on pants with the incisions on my stomach but I guess I am going to have to get out of these nightgowns eventually!  I've been cold so I've been wearing two robes and have a blanket.  I'm tired of clear liquids - ready for next stage on Monday.  So far things are going well.  Hubby starts his pre-op diet Monday - Surgery set for him on March 18th!  Things are changing in our house for the good - getting on the healthy train!  Yeah!






No comments:

Post a Comment